Saturday, October 27, 2007

6 in 8 mix

6 songs, 8 minutes. Down and dirty.

wedgie.jpg



Tracklisting:
1) 5 Minutes of Funk - "Bring it Back" - white label
Good luck finding this one, bootleg funky breaks from around 2000. Samples Suger Hill Gangs "Rappers Delight". I mean Chic's "Good Times".

2)The Beatles - "Twist and Shout" (Diplo's B-more Edit) - Uppercut
I'm a little bitch that does whatever Turntable Lab tells me to do... Ten years ago was around the first time I heard Baltimore Club,
It's funny to see this genre blow up the way it has recently.

3)Bonde Do Role- "Solta o Frango" - Mad Decent
Brazilian booty beats, another one from the Diplo camp
.

4)Missy Elliot featuring Ciara and Fat Man Scoop - "Lose Control" - Atlantic
I love Ciara. I hate Fat Man Scoop, who is actually fat, and if you ever heard him on Hot 97, you begin to ask how does this man hold down a job, he can talk for 5 minutes straight and not say anything...

5)Edu K -"Funkiero Blue"- Man Records
Another one from the TTL, I really am they're little slave boy who buys wahtever they tell me is cool. I have no personal decisions when it comes to buying records. Another Baile Funk jam from Brazil, this one samples the White Stripes, "Blue Orchard".

6)Klaxons - "Golden Skans (Sebastian Remix)" -
Because Music
Sebastian opened up with Kavinsky for Daft Punk this summer, the crowd was given a lesson on the Ed Banger label they killed it. Even if they played some wierd Pharoah Monch "Simon Says" remix.

Enjoy!

No comments: